Treatment of Fever in Humans
Treatment of Fever – Fever with a temperature that is not too high and does not last long usually does not require fever-lowering drugs. But to overcome the discomfort of the body, there are some fever-lowering drugs that can be purchased freely in the drug store. It is advisable to see a doctor if the fever temperature is higher or not improve after three days.
Here are some examples of medications to treat fever from infection:
- Paracetamol and ibuprofen. People who have a fever can feel uncomfortable. Drink medicine according to the dosage and the rules of use or as recommended by the doctor.
- Use of paracetamol in large quantities and long-term can damage the liver or kidneys. Both of these drugs can be taken directly at the pharmacy.
- Aspirin. This drug is special for adults. Do not give to children.
- This drug can trigger the occurrence of Reye syndrome, a disease that can affect the brain and also the liver. Aspirin can be purchased without the need for a prescription.
- Antibiotics. These drugs are given as prescribed by a doctor if there is suspicion of a bacterial infection that causes a fever, such as pneumonia.
Here are some things you can do at home to help relieve the fever:
- Break. You need enough rest to recover and help the immune system. Too much activity can increase body temperature.
- Use thin clothes and stay in the room with cool air.
- Drink enough water to avoid dehydration. Fever can cause the body to lose a lot of fluids.
Complications resulting from fever may include severe dehydration, hallucinations, and convulsions.