Signs and Symptoms of Human Papillomavirus
Human Papillomavirus tends to cause no symptoms so rarely recognized by the person. Our immune system will also usually eradicate Human Papillomavirus infection before it causes symptoms so it does not require treatment.
But if our body does not successfully eradicate it, HPV infection with certain types of potentially cause cervical cancer. Therefore, women are advised to always check their health and undergo vaccine Human Papillomavirus prevention.
If Human Papillomavirus infection reaches the stage of symptoms, the main indication is the growth of warts. Type of warts divided into 5 categories, namely:
- Common warts are generally rough rounded bumps.
- Plantar warts or fish eyes. This wart is flat with a hole in the middle which is sometimes accompanied by black dots.
- Flat wart with a shape like a claw on the skin. The color is also varied, can be brown, yellowish, or pink.
- Filiform warts are usually a meat nodule grow with the same color as the skin.
- Warts periungual. Types of warts that usually grow in the feet and hands are chapped like cauliflower and thickened in the nail plate.
While genital warts can generally be flat lesions and bumps with cracked surfaces that look like cauliflower. These warts will cause itching, but rarely hurt.
If the wart you are suffering from pain, itching or disturbing appearance, call your doctor to get the right treatment.