Ringworm Prevention in Humans
The main ringworm prevention is to maintain cleanliness, for example by:
- Bathe and shampoo regularly, especially if you are using a public transport.
- Keep your nails clean.
- Often hand wash, especially after leaving the house or holding a pet.
- Routine wash clothes, towels, and sheets.
- Cleaning the house regularly, especially the room that is often used together like the bathroom, living room, and bedroom.
- Always wear footwear when out of the house and when using public facilities, such as a hotel bathroom, beach toilet, or garden within the home complex.
- Does not share the use of personal items, such as combs, hats, towels, or clothing. This step should also teach to children because ringworm is more often attack children.
- Do not hold wild animals, especially those that are fur. You should also take the pet to the vet if you suspect it has ringworm.
If you have ringworm, the following steps will be very useful to prevent spreading to those around you.
- Do not share personal items such as towels with others.
- Wash clothes, sheets, and towels separately and with hot water.
- Ensure people around people suffering from frequent hand washing.
- Do not scratch the infected part because it can spread the fungus to other parts of the body.