Prevent Constipation in Adults
Constipation includes health conditions that we can avoid. Some simple steps to prevent this condition are:
- Increase fiber consumption, for example by eating vegetables, fruits, brown rice, cereals, grains, and nuts.
- Increase fluid intake so that dirt in the intestine is always soft.
- Reduce consumption of caffeinated beverages. This type of drink has the potential to increase the risk of dehydration.
- Avoid dairy products. Types of foods or drinks made from milk can also trigger the possibility of constipation in some people.
- Increase the frequency of exercise. Do it at least 2 to 3 hours a week. Regular exercise will not only help lower the risk of constipation, but can prevent other diseases.
- Do not ignore the desire to defecate. The habit of resisting the desire to defecate will increase the risk of constipation.
- Set the habit of defecation to be done freely and comfortably.