How to Prevent Angina Pectoris?
Prevention of angina pectoris can be done by making lifestyle changes, such as:
- Quit smoking.
- Reduce alcohol consumption.
- Eat low-fat and high-fiber foods, such as brown rice, bread, pasta, vegetables, and fruits.
- Reduce foods high in saturated and unsaturated fats such as sausages, fatty meats, meat pies, butter, cheese, lard, fried fish, avocados, cookies, biscuits, and foods containing pure coconut oil, palm oil or olive oil.
- Reduce salt consumption.
- Maintain weight.
- Do light exercise such as brisk walking, swimming, or cycling on a regular basis or as recommended by a doctor. Avoid exhausting sports, such as tennis or soccer.
- Monitoring blood glucose, cholesterol, and blood pressure on a regular basis.