How to Prevent Allergies?
How to Prevent Allergies? Allergy depends on the allergen. The most effective way to prevent allergies is to avoid the trigger. But not all sources of allergy can be easily avoided like dust mites, pets, or food. Some of the following suggestions can help prevent allergies.
- Wear covered clothing or apply insect repellent lotion while traveling.
- Avoid using fragrances or perfumes that can attract insects.
Use a mask when out of the house.
- Cleaning the house regularly, especially the room that is often used, such as bedroom and family room, to avoid dust mites.
- Avoid using duster because it can spread the allergen.
- Dye the furniture surface with a clean cloth moistened with water or cleaning fluid or use a vacuum cleaner.
- Opening windows or doors for better air circulation so the room does not feel damp.
- Placing pets outside the home or in one particular room only.
- Bathe pet once a week.
- Clean pet cages regularly.
- Record the types of foods that are likely to be an allergenic source that can be avoided.
- Always read the packaging labels to find out the ingredients used before buying the food.
- Inquire about the food used in detail before ordering it at the restaurant.
- Clean the kitchen to avoid the moss, especially the sink and laundry.
- Do not hang clothes in the house.
- Use a bracelet that informs you of severe allergies for others to know, especially when you can not communicate when an allergic reaction strike arrives.
Allergy Prevention of Anaphylaxis
Be wary of yourself if you have anaphylaxis because if allergies recur and are not treated as quickly as possible, you risk losing consciousness or even death. You are advised to always take two doses of epinephrine injections to be used immediately if anaphylactic attack occurs. Also tell us how to use the injection to the nearest person so that an adenalin injection can be given while waiting for medical help to arrive.