Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment
The type of treatment the patient is living depends on how severe the hydradenitis suppurativa is. If suppradiva hydradenitis is still at a mild stage, then the patient can self-compress the lump with warm water.
Provision of drugs
There are several types of drugs commonly used to overcome hidradenitis suppurativa namely:
- Non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. These types of drugs can reduce pain and swelling.
- Antibiotics. Type drugs will fight infection and can prevent the disease becomes more severe and relapse again.
- Corticosteroids. The doctor will inject steroid drugs into the lump, to reduce inflammation, pain, and swelling.
- Oral retinoids. This type of drug is able to handle the already severe suffer from hydradenitis suppurativa.
- Hormone therapy with contraceptive pills containing artificial estrogen can reduce the secretion of the sweat glands and control the lump.
- Biological agents. Doctors will inject these types of drugs to encourage the body’s defense system to attack germs. However, this type of drug has serious side effects.
To deal with the growing hidradenitis suppurativa, the patient generally has to undergo surgical procedure. Some types of surgery that can be done is:
- Incision and drainage of the abscess, to open a lump that has become a bag and dry it out of the pus fluid.
- Opening the lining of the sinuses between bumps, by cutting the skin and the flesh into the roof of the ducts.
- Lifting operation to remove all infected lumps and parts of skin.
- Laser surgery, will be done to handle new lumps that are in the skin layer However, the laser will also destroy the patient’s hair follicle.