Hearing Loss Treatment
The mode of treatment depends on the cause and severity of the hearing loss. However, usually people with hearing loss are treated with the following actions and aids:
- Cochlear implants, are hearing aids that are planted under the skin behind the patient’s ears.
- Cleans dirt that clogs the ear.
- Auditory Brainstem Implant. A hearing aid that converts the sound it captures into an electrical signal and transmits it to the patient’s brain.
- Hearing aids, can help the patient by making the voice becomes stronger and easier to hear the patient.
- Surgery. This step may be done if the patient has an ear injury or recurrent infection.
- Learn sign language and read lips. Patients with severe hearing loss will be encouraged to learn to understand sign language and read lips to facilitate communication with others.